Bio-Insek is a biological insecticide. Spores of the fungus, when landing on insects, parasitizes the body and if present in the soil, will parasitize the larvae and even eggs of insects.
Applications: Can be used to control insects on a wide variety of crops, such as apples, tomatoes, beans, cabbage, strawberries, alfalfa, citrus, proteas, peas, potatoes, flowers and many more.
Dosage: 400 g / 100 l for foliar application. Clean spray tank thoroughly with water to remove all traces of any fungicide. Fill the tank half with the amount of water (pH 6.0-7.3) needed. Add an appropriate wetter/sticker as well as the rest of water while constantly stirring. Spray until run-off.
Soil application: 1.6 – 2.0 kg / ha of Bio-Insek will interfere with the reproduction cycle and reduce number of insects hatching from treated soil.
Active ingredients: Isolates of Beauveria bassiana. Bio-Insek is non-phytotoxic, does not leave any residues, is conducive to integrated pest management, is biodegradable, does not contain any heavy metals and is non-carcinogenic.The product is used to control for example Whitefly, aphids, thrips, mealie bug and snout beetle.
Safety precaution: Keep out of reach of children and uninformed people.
General info: Use the total contents of the bag, once opened.
- Store Bio-Insek in a domestic refrigerator (4°C) – shelf life of 3 months.
- The effectivity of Bio-Insek can be reduced if exposed to direct sunlight, abnormal temperatures and water with high or low pH levels, incompatibility with heavy metals such as copper and the time and method of application.
- Must not be used with EM or compost tea.
- Being a Biological product, Bio-Insek does not have an immediate effect on larvae.
- The effectivity of Bio-Insek can be considerably enhanced when used in combination with Bio- Neem and / or 0.2% molasses.