COIR (6MM) - BUFFERED
Coir is the fibrous material of the coconut fruit. The short fibres and dust/pith are by-products of the coconut fibre industry and are suitable for use as a growing media in horticulture, as it has the following benefits:
- Coir is a completely homogenous material.
- It's texture is consistent and uniform.
- It retains moisture well, as composed of millions of capillary micro-sponges that absorb and hold up to nine times it’s own weight in water.
- It has up to 27% of easily available water.
- It will hold and release nutrients in solution over an extended period of time without re-watering.
- Maintains an excellent air filled porosity (18%-23%).
- It has a natural pH of 5.7 to 6.5.
- It has a naturally high lignin content which encourages favourable micro-organisms around the root zone.