Start propagating today with our DIY KUSHY PROPAGATION KIT
A Kushy propagation kit is a set of supplies and instructions used to grow cannabis through cloning or seed propagation methods. Propagation kits are for people who want to grow their own cannabis plants, either for personal use or for small-scale cultivation, and who want to maintain the characteristics of a specific strain by using cloning or germinating their own desired seed.
What’s in the kit and the key features:
- 1 x Precision Trimming Scissor: Used to take cuttings from your Mother plant
- 1 x Disposable Scalpel: Used to slit your cuttings at a 45-degree angle before dipping them into your rooting gel
- 1 x Rooting Gel: Used to speed up root development of your cuttings
- 1 x 48 Glue Plug Tray: Used as an initial growing medium to plant your cuttings or spouted seed in
- 1 x High Propagation Dome: Used to offer an ideal growing environment for your cutting or seedling. They will require a high humidity environment during this early cycle.
- 1 x 9cm Round Container Pots: Used to plant your clones/seedlings in
- 1 x 10L Orgasoilux: Used as growing medium in your 9cm round container pots for rooted clones/seedlings
Benefits of a Kushy Propagation kit:
- Consistency: Propagation allows growers to produce new plants that are genetically identical to the parent plant or seed selected, ensuring consistent growth and characteristics of the desired strain, such as flavour, aroma, and potency.
- Speed: Propagation, done in the right environment (a propagation dome in this case), is a faster method of growing new plants or starting seeds, allowing them to quickly develop roots and reach the desired strength to continue thriving in their final growing environment.
- Reduced risk: Propagation reduces the risk of failure associated with growing from seeds, as there is a better chance germinate or for the plants to develop male or female characteristics.
- Cost-effectiveness: Propagation allows growers to produce new plants without the need to purchase new seeds, making it a cost-effective method of plant growth.
- Strain preservation: Propagation is a great way to preserve a specific strain, as growers can produce new plants from a proven, successful parent plant, ensuring that the desired characteristics are maintained.
- Ease of use: Propagation kits are designed to be easy to use, even for those with limited experience growing plants. The instructions provided are straightforward and user-friendly.
How to use the kit
- First, you will need seeds. You can use about 25ml Biodyne in 1L of water. Early introduction of microbial life will strengthen your plant from a young age.
- Transplant your seed directly into the jiffy glue plug with the pointy side facing up. Neatly close the hole in the jiffy glue plug.
- Move your tray into your propagation dome for increased humidity which help along the germination process.
- Once your seed has sprouted in the jiffy glue plug, you can then transplant the plugs into the 9cm pots with the seedling mix.
- Before transplanting, soak your seedling mix with Biodyne, use 1ml per litre.
- After 24hrs of being in the dome, move your pots out into fresh air.
- Use either t5 or t8 clone lights to provide just enough light for root development. Use a 18/6hr light cycle during this young age As your plants grow, you can transplant them into bigger pots to increase root development and plant growth Check out our clone kit for a simple cloning method.
- First, you will need a mother plant to take cuttings from.
- You will need a branch between 5-15cm in length
- Cut the branch off at a 45-degree angle.
- Take your new cutting and submerge it directly into water. This must be done timeously.
- Dip your cutting into the Kushy Rooting Gel (Dispense gel into separate container to avoid contamination).
- Stick your cutting into the Kushy Jiffy Glue Plugs provided.
- Use either Nanolux LED Clone light, t5 or t8 clone lights to provide just enough heat for root development.
- Run them on a 18/6hr light cycle. A propagation dome can be used to create high humidity levels which will help the clones thrive.